Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thing #23

My experience with 23 things:
Well, if you've read my previous posts you've probably noticed that I was frustrated several times. I can only imagine trying to do these things in the classroom or the library with 22 students.
1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I liked photostory. It was just disappointing when I got it all ready and then it wouldn't upload. You've definitely got to make time and expect problems to arise. You can't be in a hurry.
2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I definitely know about more technology that is out there. Many of the "things" talked about I had never even heard of. It's going to take some time for me to become familiar with them and honestly, some of them I will probably never use, but at least I'll know what people are talking about if they bring up something from the 23 things.
3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I really was surprised at how much is out there. I don't really play around or search too much on the internet. I know what I need to do, go to that website and get it done. There's lots of options out there to play around with.
4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I think we need to be given more time to actually work on these different features to get the full benefit. Some of it seemed to be repetitive.
5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? No, probably not. I'm on overload as it is.
6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? Eye-opening, make sure you have the time to really sit down and learn in order to get the full benefits.
7. Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs?

2 comments:

arkreynolds said...

Congratulation!

VWB said...

well I hope you will continue exploring and learning when you can!