Monday, April 21, 2008

Thing #15

In reading "Away from the Icebergs" library 2.0 represents where we want to all be eventually. I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm not sure it will ever really happen. There will never be enough money to do all the things we want to do, especially when it comes to staff and technology. We also need to take a look at librarians who have been in the profession for a while and make sure they are being trained on all the latest and greatest technology and techniques. I know as a teacher, even after 10 years of teaching, there are lots of things that I still need to learn and education is always changing. It's important to know what you as a person can handle and not overwhelm yourself. I've found that if I overwhelm myself with too much, then I don't do anything. I would rather do one thing really well, than several things poorly.

No comments: